BEFORE THE RACE - PRE-REGISTRATION
• Can I participate in this race?
Pre-registrations are reserved for riders born in 1997 and before, licensed or not.
Elites and riders must prove performance, the terms of performances are available in Article 4 of Regulation 2017.
• How are elites and registered runners divided?
Le Verticale de la Tour Eiffel® is composed of 128 participants as follows:
- 40 elites runners coming from the running community => designated in the Division Regulation A
- 78 runners selected by lottery at the close of pre-registration for the race => designated in the Division Regulation B
- 10 runners selected by the organization with wildcards => designated in the Division Regulation C
40 elites (Division A) will be selected by a committee of experts, following their pre-registration. The date of appointment of runners Division A is fixed for 12 December 2016.
Pre-registration for The Vertical Eiffel tower® for the 78 runners selected by lottery (Division B) is open under certain conditions (see Vertical Eiffel tower® ® entry in terms - Division B) to any person, male or female born in 1997 or before (hopefuls to veterans categories), licensed or not.
• How does the selection take place of pre-registered?
40 elites will be selected by a committee of experts, following their pre-registration.
78 other runners will be part of a draw among the pre-registered (+ elites not retained by the experts).
• How to verify that I am pre-registered and / or my application is complete?
You can view your member account at any time by quoting your file number on the e-mail confirmation of pre-registration..
The pre-registration form will only be complete if it contains all of the details of the participant and after validation of performance certificate not older than two years (see conditions below):
Stair races :
Any finisher in a stair race of at least 1,000 steps can pre-register
Ascent racing :
- Vertical KM : Finisher
- 10 km: Time strictly less than 46 min (13.0 km / h)
- 20 km: Time strictly less than 1h40min (12.0 km / h)
- 21.1 km: Time strictly less than 1h45min (12.0 km / h)
- 42.2 km: Time strictly less than 3h50min (11.0 km / h)
Any Trail Finisher for a minimum distance of 50 km has the possibility to pre-register.
Any performance must be justified through a diploma or official result of the event run as issued by the competent organization.
The runner must ensure that he appears in the document provided during pre-registration and that his NAME and First name are spelled correctly.
• If I am not drawn, am I refunded the amount of my pre-registration? (Regulations La Verticale)
No refund is possible. All entry fees (deducted from € 1 registration fee) will be donated to charity.
• What kind of medical certificate is allowed?
Accepted documents are:
• Either the medical certificate dated less than a year on the day of the race (ie subsequent to 16/03/2016)
• Either a copy of their license (FFA) 2016-2017
• Either a copy of its license (FFTRI, FSCF, FSGT, UFOLEP) 2016-2017
To make your job easier and to avoid litigation at its validation, we suggest you download a template for a medical certificate (which you can also reuse in other races):
To submit my medical certificate on my member account by clicking here.
The certificates must be provided to the organization before December 31, 2016.
• Is there a waiting list after the close of registration in case of breakage?
When pre-registration is closed, it is no longer possible to obtain bibs .. There is no waiting list, even in case of withdrawal.
• I need to cancel my participation in The Portrait of the Eiffel® tour. Do I get a refund?
Cancellation does not imply reimbursement. No transfer of race bib is possible.
DURING THE COURSE – RACE BIB DISTRIBUTION
• Can I remove the bib of a third party?
Each rider must come and collect his number personally, having an official ID.
• Where do I get my number?
Integrated into the chasubles race bibs may be obtained on Friday, March 16, 2017 under the tent located inside the Emile Anthoine Sports Centre between 16pm and 7:30pm.
DURING THE COURSE - RECOVERY OF BAGS
• How are my belongings taken care of during the race?
Each rider may desposit their personal affairs in their own bag in the zone set aside for this purpose at the Emile Antoine Sports Centre between 18:00pm and 7:30pm on March 16, 2017. A sticker, provided in the race bib envelope must be stuck onto the bag. The bag will be delivered the same day until midnight.
DURING THE RACE - TRANSPORT
• Where can I park my car?
We invite you to visit www.parkingsdeparis.com where you can explore all the possibilities available to you (two wheels, cars, camper vans).
• How to get to the starting point of the race?
The starting area is accessible by Metro (lines 9, 8 and 6), bus (lines 80, 42, 92) and RER (line C). Find all the information in the access category.
DURING THE RACE - ACCOMMODATION
• How can I lodge near the Eiffel tower?
Many lodging can accommodate you during your weekend in Paris. We invite you to visit the website of l’Office du Tourisme de Paris for more information.
• Can I get special offers with La Verticale de la tour Eiffel® ??
We will keep you informed quickly about this possibility.
DURING THE COURSE - REQUIRED MATERIALS
• What is the mandatory equipment for the race?
Mandatory equipment provided by the organization:
- Chasuble with integrated race number,
- Chip for timing,
Equipment to be provided by the rider:
- T-shirt for running,
- Shorts or sticky,
- A pair of running shoes
To avoid falling objects during the ascent of the Eiffel tower, the organization prohibits any object or equipment other than those mentioned above (phone, camera, camera are strictly prohibited).
AFTER THE RACE - RESULTS
• How do I check my results?
Provisional results are available instantaneously on the website of the event. The official results are published after validation of the FFA in the week following the day of the race.
• I wish to have a finisher diploma. Where can I get it?
The finisher diploma is posted on the website a few days after the day of the race. You can download your customized diploma with your name and bib number.